FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Sunday 29 April 2018

Look of the Day: Spring Glow (ft. lots of Green Beauty faves!)

Hi, everyone! Spring has finally (finally!) sprung here in Toronto and I couldn't be happier that the chill is lifting and the skies are brightening. I've been wearing Spring-inspired makeup colours for a while now (you have to fake it till you make it), but now the cheery colours and glowy finishes feel less ironic and more at-one with the season. 

I've been a true green beauty addict and advocate for years now when it comes to skin care, but over the past year or so I've gathered a decent selection of all natural makeup as well. Makeup coming from the green beauty world is getting better and better, with performance now rivalling that of the conventional beauty brands that have dominated the market for years. It's super exciting to discover and wear makeup products that are great for your skin and the environment, but also blend effortlessly and wear all day long. So satisfying! 


Here's a peek at the green beauty makeup goodies I used for this look: 



For the complexion, I started by applying the Nude by Nature Flawless Concealer in Porcelain Beige under my eyes and around my nose. It's super creamy and applies great in these drier areas and gives a nice medium coverage. I then applied my all-time favourite mineral makeup, the Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation in Neutral 2. It gives amazing buildable medium coverage but never looks chalky or cakey. It's beautiful stuff! 

I am currently lacking powder and bronzer from the green beauty realm (shopping goals for the next few months), so I grabbed faves from Rimmel and NYX. For highlighter, I reached for my most-used cream formula, the Rituel de Fille Rare Light Luminizer in Anthelion. It's a gorgeous gold with pink shimmer that applies like a dream but wears well for hours. For blush, I chose the Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in Blossoming. It likewise has a dreamy, creamy texture but is super long wearing. And Blossoming really is the perfect cheery warm pink for Springtime! 


For the eyes, I started by smudging Nudestix Magnetic Eye Colour in Spirit, a shimmery taupe purple, all over my lids, blending up to the crease. Nudestix isn't typically lumped in with the green beauty world, but all of their products are fully vegan and cruelty-free, which is fantastic in my books. I also layered a bit of Rituel de Fille Anthelion over top for some extra glow. I'm also lacking a clean beauty mascara in my lineup, so reached for BeneFit They're Real, an all-time top fave of mine. I also used some green beauty faves for the brows- EcoBrow (a creamy tinted brow pomade) in shades Marilyn (a true blonde) and Sharon (a light brown). They're super easy to work with and truly stay put! 

For the lips, I wanted to chose a bold, vibrant shade to add a pop of Spring floral colour. I chose the amazing 100% Pure Cocoa Butter Matte Lipstick in Hyacinthus, a vivid mid-tone purple. I blotted it down slightly, which gives the prettiest (and ultra long-wearing) stain to the lips. 


The Breakdown:

Foundation: Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation in Neutral 2
Concealer: Nude by Nature Flawless Concealer in 02 Porcelain Beige 

Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Creamy Natural
Bronzer: NYX Matte Bronzer in Medium

Blush: Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in Blossoming
Highlighter: Rituel de Fille Rare Light Luminizer in Anthelion

Brows: EcoBrow in Marilyn and Sharon
Primer: Essence I Love Colour Intensifying Eye Shadow Base
Eye Shadow: Nudestix Magnetic Eye Colour in Spirit layered with Rituel de Fille Anthelion

Mascara: BeneFit They're Real


Lipstick: 100% Pure Cocoa Butter Matte Lipstick in Hyacinthus 


                                                    And a few more shots of the look:




It was fun putting this look together- it reminded me of just how fun and effective my green beauty makeup items are. Plus, who doesn't love some dewy skin and purple lips!?!

What kinds of makeup shades are you loving for Spring? Do you have any favourite green beauty makeup brands or products?

Thanks so much for stopping by! xo


4 comments:

  1. I love this look! Such lovely colors used!

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning! You really are glowing! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning :)
    Really love the color of your lipstick :)

    Love,
    Swantje
    www.swanted.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good information.




    -----------------------------------
    I work in https://holief.com/

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)