FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Wednesday 16 December 2015

Festive Look of the Day #2: Misty Rock/Plumberry Pop

Hi, everyone! For many of you who have attempted winged eyeliner, you likely have experienced the phenomenon of "oops, I made this side thicker than I wanted, I'd better even things out". Sometimes this game can go on eternally until the liner is even, but it's also intense. Kind of like this. This was most definitely the case with today's makeup look, but luckily I was going for a bolder, festive look, so the epic liner wasn't totally uncalled for. I decided to embrace it! So me and my eyeliner went to dinner with a friend and felt pretty fabulous :)

Eyeliner aside, this second installment of my Festive Look of the Day series is also about shimmery silvery purple eyes and cool-toned cherry cheeks and lips. 


For the festive eyes, I first primed my lids with a cooler-toned brown shadow, Clarins Ombre Matte Eye Shadow in Rosewood. To build up shimmer and dimension, I then reached for By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Misty Rock, a metallic purple silver, sweeping it all over my lid, blending up to the crease, and along the lower lash lines. For a touch of extra drama and sparkle, I popped Inglot Shine #152 Eye Shadow in the middle of my lid. It's such a pretty silver! For the liner, I chose my favourite liquid formula, Revlon's ColourStay Liquid Eye Pen in Blackest Black. The felt tip pen is a pleasure to use, even when I get a bit carried away! 

For the cheeks, I layered cream and powder products to create a rosy glow. I first applied Laura Mercier Creme Cheek Colour in Oleander, a cool pink, and then topped it with Pur Minerals Rosebud Blush, a cheery cotton candy pink. I chose a lip colour that finished off the cooler silver and berry theme. I opted for Bare Escentuals Pop of Passion Lip Oil-Balm in Plumberry Pop, a mid-tone fuchsia berry. I got it as a 100-pt Perk from Sephora and I'm glad I picked it up! The formula is nice and hydrating and the shade, super flattering! 



The Breakdown:

Foundation: Make Up For Ever HD Ultra Fluid Foundation in Y225 Marble
Concealer: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer in Light

Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Long-Wearing Pressed Powder in 011 Creamy Natural (on t-zone) and Alima Pure Satin Finishing Powder in Keiko (lightly all over)

Blush: Laura Mercier Creme Cheek Colour in Oleander topped with Pur Minerals Rosebud Blush
Bronzer: The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in 02 Fair Matte
Highlighter: RMS Living Luminizer topped with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

Brows: Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Taupe and Tinted Brow Gel in Caramel

Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion Original formula
Eye Shadow: Clarins Ombre Matte Eye Shadow in Rosewood (all over the lid, up to the crease), By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Misty Rock (over top of Rosewood, blended up and out and along lower lash line), Inglot Eye Shadow Shine #152 (on centre of lid for shimmer)

Eyeliner: Revlon ColourStay Liquid Eye Pen in Blackest Black (along upper lash line, winged up and out) and NYX Wonder Pencil in Light (along lower waterline)
Mascara: The HotShop Long Lash Mascara (from the Born Pretty Store)

Lipstick: Bare Escentuals Pop of Passion Lip Oil-Balm in Plumberry Pop

 

And a few more shots of the look (in full colour!):




While I came *this* close to wiping off my eye makeup and starting again, I'm so glad I didn't. The bold eyeliner was actually such a fun look to wear and I think it complemented the rosy lips and cheeks perfectly! When I wear a cat eye, I'm usually tempted to go for a full-on '60s look with nude cheeks and lips, but opting for shades of pink and silver instead are a great way to take the look from mod to merry :)

Any fun liquid eyeliner stories to share? Is this a look you would wear? What's your favourite silver eye shadow? Fave black eyeliner?

Have a fantastic day! xo

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous look. I love Misty Rock so much and have one of Bareminerals Lip Balms in Tangerine, it is very comfortable and has a great pay off. Plumbery is such a stunning shade too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My god that's stunning! Perfect for the holidays too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea purple and silver combo would look this good, what a stunning makeup, Jennifer!

    Reflection of Sanity | Palmer's Cocoa Butter Care Package Giveaway (Canada ONLY)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, Jenn! I love that purple shimmery eye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever I try to get my eyeliner look that good, I end up giving myself really black eyes, so I am a total mess! Your eye makeup is beautiful!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's perfect for the holidays! Such a lovely look! :)

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely LOVE! This is so stunning. Love these colors, especially this time of year. Laura Mercier products are so beautiful, love the way the blush looks on you. Shoulda known that lid color was Inglot, it's beautiful!
    katiechamel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you look so pretty! This is such a lovely look!! (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking fab, have a very merry Christmas Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love winged eyeliner. It really fits with this look. Very nice Jenn!

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)