FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Wednesday 2 September 2015

Lip Stash by Hue: The Barbie, Baby, and Candy Pinks

Hi, everyone! As promised, my Lip Stash by Hue series continues! Today's post features a collection of white-based pinks that channel the ultra girly feel of Barbie dolls, cotton candy, and soft flowers. They range from sheer pastels to pale neons and all work to bring cheer and brightness to the face. While I don't reach for this range of shades super often (I'm more drawn to fuchsias and bright coral pinks), but I had lots of fun playing with these! 



The softer, more sheer baby and cotton candy pinks in my stash are: 


Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Aventure
NYX Butter Gloss in Vanilla Cream Pie
MAC Amplified Cream Lipstick in Chatterbox
NYX Butter Gloss in Peaches and Cream
MAC Cremesheen + Pearl Lipstick in Sunny Seoul


And the bolder, more opaque Barbie pinks in my collection are: 


Wet N' Wild MegaLast Lip Colour in Pinkerbell
Illamasqua Matte Lipstick in Immodest
Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter in Sweet Tart
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Sweetheart


Here are all of the lipsticks lined up, followed by swatches of each on my inner arm (MAC NC15 skin tone) in the same order:


Click to enlarge


And finally, each of my Barbie, baby, and candy pink lippies in the context of a completed makeup look! 

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Aventure
(yes, you're seeing right- I've completely finished it!)

NYX Butter Gloss in Vanilla Cream Pie

MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Chatterbox

NYX Butter Gloss in Peaches and Cream

MAC Cremesheen + Pearl in Sunny Seoul

Wet n' Wild MegaLast Lip Colour in Pinkerbell

Illamasqua Matte Lipstick in Immodest

Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter in Sweet Tart

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Sweetheart

If you want to feel instantly girly and playful, these are the shades to reach for! As you could see above, I've completely finished Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Aventure- it is such a sophisticated, easy to wear pink and has been a staple for me at work. I will be buying a replacement! Both NYX Peaches and Cream and Vanilla Cream Pie are totally lovely, lush glosses and Revlon Sweetheart Balm Stain gives the prettiest popsicle stain on the lips. And while Illamasqua Immodest and Wet n' Wild Pinkerbell are full-on intense neon pinks, I find them surprisingly easy to pull off!

Do you have any of the lip products I featured here? What are your favourite soft, candy, or doll-like pinks?

Have an amazing day :)

28 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, these all look AMAZING on you! I'm so jealous because these pinks look absolutely terrible on me, especially the cooler ones.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks, Tasha! Cooler pinks can definitely be tough to pull off!

      Delete
  2. Pinks are my fave - and they all look amazing on you!

    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Deniz! Pinks are such an instant pick-me-up! :)

      Delete
  3. Chatterbox or Sunny Seoul are my faves!
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was so happy to have found Sunny Seoul earlier this year- it's so pretty :)

      Delete
  4. I don't have any of these colours, but I may need to get some! I love the soft pinks. All of the shades look really good on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Charissa! I think a soft pink lipstick would look super pretty on you :)

      Delete
  5. What a stash! All shades are so beautiful!

    Natalia | Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you finished Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Aventure!!! That colour just made your skin glow and pulled the whole look together! I think you've convinced me that I need one of these!!

    Do keep doing these posts ;-) I love seeing the swatches (on paper too! To avoid the skintone bias)!

    Stephanie | theFantasia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steph- Aventure is such an underrated lipstick shade! I have a few more posts in these series to come- glad you're enjoying them! xo

      Delete
  7. I love how you swatched on paper, arm, and lips!!! The coco shine looks amazing and good for you to finish a lipstick. I haven't had to ever repurchase a shade. The illamasqua one looks really unique. These shades usually wash me out a bit but I like speed dial by MAC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, I finish lipsticks so, so rarely! I'll have to check out Speed Dial soon :)

      Delete
  8. Great Review dear!
    lena
    http://skinnycature.com/cefalu-getaway/

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow jen, i loved seeing these swatches! how creative x

    theleeday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Annie! Glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  10. I love how Sunny Seoul looks on you! I've always loved it but it's not a colour I can pull off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous colors!!! There are a few that I'm missing in my collection that I just might have to pick up!

    Love how you did the pictures, especially with the notebook. Nicely done!!

    www.elleisforlove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Glad I've inspired you to pick up a new pink lipstick :)

      Delete
  12. Oh wow, I had no idea Pinkerbell looks that gorgeous, definitely need to pick it up soon. NYX Peaches and Cream is the one lip gloss that I don't mind wearing because the shade is really pretty and that's a lot coming from me who hates lip gloss.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a stunning neon pink, that's for sure! I'm not a huge gloss wearer, but the Butter Glosses are my fave :)

      Delete
  13. Illamasqua Immodest MUST.BE.MINE, like at this second! ;D Thanks for sharing this post. I bet it took you a while to complete! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would totally love Immodest! Such a fun shade :) Thank you! xo

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)