FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Friday 17 July 2015

Recommendations from an Organic Skin Care Guru

Hi, everyone! Conventional wisdom suggests that when a guru speaks, you listen. This idea was definitely validated when I attended an exciting skin care event at The Detox Market last month. I had been seriously obsessed with the luxury organic skin care line Odacite for several months, and the event brought Valerie Grandury, creator of Odacite (and of The Detox Market), herself for an in-store appearance. She was gracious enough to provide an individualized skin care consultation for everybody who attended, which was such a nice treat! 


My fascination with Odacite stemmed largely from their range of Pure Elements Facial Serum Concentrates, which are essentially tiny potent vials of active facial oils that address a wide range of skin care concerns. There are 18 in the range, targeting everything from blemishes, to redness, to dehydration. They allow you to truly customize your skin care routine every day, which is super neat! In my initial infatuation with the brand, I purchased 5 of the Serum Concentrates, with mixed results. The Apricot Palmarosa blend was wonderful for my sensitive skin, while options like the Grapeseed Grapefruit (for oily, acne-prone skin) and Black Cumin Cajeput (for pimples) proved a bit too harsh for my sensitive complexion. 

When I got to chat with Valerie (who was incredibly warm and genuine), I explained to her my complicated skin situation: I'm oily and acne-prone, but also quite sensitive, and my skin reacts angrily to anything too active or citrus-based. I described to her the Serum Concentrates I'd tried and which were hits and misses among them. Being the guru that she is, it didn't take long for her to hone in on some recommendations.

First, she suggested the Pure Elements Jojoba and Lavender Serum Concentrate, which is for clogged pores. She explained that jojoba closes mimics the skin's natural sebum, so it does not clog pores but rather cleanses them gently. She noted that the lavender also gently purifies the skin without irritation. Next, she brought over her Mint & Green Tea Pore Purifying Toner which, in addition to serious antioxidant and refreshing powers, also contains salicylic acid, which my skin absolutely loves. She recommended that I mix the oil-based serum and toner to create an emulsion, which would ensure a totally grease-free and easily absorbed concoction. 

I eagerly heeded her words and I have to say that my skin has not been this happy in a while! I use the toner morning and night and in the pm, mix it with 2-3 drops of the Jojoba Lavender serum. Without fail, I wake to clearer, calmer, more balanced, even skin. I was worried that the mint in the toner might be irritating, but this has not been the case whatsoever. It is truly a refreshing summer treat! Overall, I could not be more pleased with the experience of meeting Valerie Grandury and with the recommendations she gave me. Happy skin, happy Jen!

Have you tried anything from Odacite? What are your favourite  natural/organic skin care lines?

Have a wonderful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)