FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Wednesday 6 May 2015

CBB Swap Haul + Spring Makeup Look

Hi, everyone! This past Saturday was pretty rad. I got together in downtown Toronto with 10 other beauty bloggers. We were all equipped with killer lashes, bunches of enthusiasm, and tons of makeup goodies to swap. There we were, gathered around a table at Tim Horton's, hundreds of nail polishes, lipsticks, and face creams strewn across the surface. We politely took turns swatching and snagging our top picks and each of us left with little troves of new treasures. It was a blast! Even better, the remaining products from the swap were donated to a local shelter, about which we were all totally thrilled. The rest of the evening consisted of drinks, laughs, Asian food, and fancy ice cream. All my faves rolled up into one day :)

For a shot of the entire booty I snagged, check out the shot down below. But here are the very Spring-like goodies I used for today's look! 


After bringing my new treats home, I realized that many of the shades were entirely perfect for Springtime. I first tested out Maybelline's Dream Wonder foundation and was truly impressed! It feels lightweight, has good coverage, and dries to a soft, powdery finish. To add some glow to my complexion, I dabbed Shu Uemura's Satin Radiant Highlighter in Light Pink down the bridge of my nose and on my cheekbones. For blush, I finally tried the famous Milani Luminoso and instantly understood the hype. It's such a gorgeous peachy coral! 

I kept things fairly soft on the eyes, using the combination of warm and cool shimmery shades from the Wet N' Wild Colour Icon Eye Shadow Trio in Silent Treatment (I really like these affordable little palettes). The star of the show was the lip colour. I'd been hesitant to test out lilac-toned lipsticks, fearing they'd wash me out, but Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in Lilac Flush is altogether flattering- and ultra cool! 

Here's the finished result, followed by a full breakdown of the products I used:


The Breakdown:

Foundation: Maybelline Dream Wonder Liquid Touch Foundation in #15 Ivory
Concealer: Cle de Peau Concealer in Ivory

Powder: Inglot HD Illuminizing Pressed Powder #402 

Bronzer: The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in Fair Matte 02
Highlighter: Shu Uemura Satin Radiant Stick Highlighter in Light Pink
Blush: Milani Baked Powder Blush in Luminoso

Brows: Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Taupe and Tinted Brow Gel in Caramel

Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion Original formula
Eye Shadows: Wet n Wild Colour Icon Eye Shadow Trio in Silent Treatment (peachy shade all over lid, up to brow bone and on inner corners, taupe shade on the lid, shimmery dark brown on crease and outer corners)

Eyeliner: Annabelle StaySharp Waterproof Eyeliner in Go Black
Mascara: Revlon Bold Lacquer Length & Volume Waterproof Mascara in Black

Lipstick: 
Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in Lilac Flush



And a few more shots of the look:






As promised, here is a shot of all the products I snagged during the epic blogger swap:


And, finally, a shot of all of us cheery bloggers enjoying some tasty treats:



A huge thanks to my Canadian Beauty Blogger gals for making Saturday evening super fun!

Have you done any makeup swaps lately? What colours are you rocking this Spring? Do you like lilac lipstick?

Thanks for stopping by! xo

52 comments:

  1. Aww, a huge blogger swap sounds like the coolest idea! You got some amazing products :) I am seriously IN LOVE with that makeup look though! I'm not sure the pale lilac would look very good on me, but it's amazing on you! I never would've paired a peach blush with a purple lip, but I think they look really complementary!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I was so pleasantly surprised at how the coral paired with the lilac. The swap was so much fun! xo

      Delete
  2. You got some great bits! Love the blush :)

    Kirsty | www.kirsty.ws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too- Luminoso is a stunning blush :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kat! Me too ;) I had nothing else like it in my stash :)

      Delete
  4. I love the subtle eyeshadow look you created!
    xox Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good picks and what a great idea! That is so one of my favourite foundations, but the applicator...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the applicator is a bit awkward, but I really like the formula! :)

      Delete
  6. this was SO much fun and that foundation and blush you snagged look gorgeous on you! love the look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Zoe! It was great to meet you! xo

      Delete
  7. Love that lipstick on you gorgeous! x
    www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pink lipstick!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lipstick colour is gorgeous on you!! Stunning!

    Vanessa | www.vanlamar.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the lipstick and blush on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julie! I'm loving them both :)

      Delete
  12. Love the blush! The lipstick pulls the whole look together I think! Awesome choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Melanie! I'm so happy with the goodies I snagged :)

      Delete
  13. That blush is incredible on you Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay, the foundation was your colour! Glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really a great match! Thanks so much, Shawna :)

      Delete
  15. Beauuutiful! That lipstick colour is bangin' on you. You got some great things from the swap. Also it was just super fun to finally meet you in real life :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm really happy with the goodies I ended up with. Was so great to finally meet you! xo

      Delete
  16. I love the look! Very beachy. Perfect for this nice weather we are having.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the combination of Luminoso and Lilac Flush on you! It looks so cool and modern. Sounds like you guys had a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I always enjoy when unexpected combos like this work out! We really had tons of fun :)

      Delete
  18. Best makeup and Beauty tips
    http://fashionmakeupfitness.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice make-up!

    Bisous from France,
    Sand.

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks liek you had so much fun! And you definitely scored on the spring-y products.

    Meghan

    Today's Beauty Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a super fun time and I'm so happy with what I picked up! Thanks for stopping by, Meghan! xo

      Delete
  21. Replies
    1. Me too! It's instantly become one of my faves :)

      Delete
  22. Ahhh how fun!!!!! I talked about doing this here with a couple of girls, but nobody ever really put the whole thing together. We really should! I like the lipstick on you! You really specialize in rocking bold colors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were so lucky that it all came together! Thanks so much- I was so pleasantly surprised with how well the lilac shade worked :)

      Delete
  23. AWWWW photos of the get together make me so warm and fuzzy inside! I love the look you put together: that lipstick suits you so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me feel fuzzy too- it was so fun hanging out with everyone :) Thanks so much, Natalie!

      Delete
  24. That lipstick is made for you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Coco! I'm loving Lilac Flush :)

      Delete
  25. Can't believe you didn't own Luminoso prior to this..I MEAN, IT'S CULT. I've been wanting to try that Maybelline foundation for a while too; I heard the formula is really weightless + the finish is quite nice. Though, I'm still baffled by the 'dropper' wand in that bottle though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TWO "THOUGHS". I NEED TO CHECK MY COMMENTS SOMETIMES

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)