FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Wednesday 29 April 2015

Currently Obsessed: Clinique Cheek Pops in Cola Pop and Heather Pop

Hi, everyone! First off, I'd like to extend a huge thank you for all of your kind words in response to my latest Vibrant Health post. Your encouragement and enthusiasm about my yoga practice were much appreciated and totally inspiring! Happy to have spread a bit of motivation as well- please let me know if you give yoga a try or test out any of the videos I shared. Would love to hear about your own yoga experiences! 

Now onto another recent inspiration of mine- these seriously stunning new blushes from Clinique. Regular readers of the blog will know that the Cheek Pops were one of my favourite makeup releases of 2014 and quickly rose to the ranks of the top blushes in my books. So when I heard that Clinique was creating several new colours this Spring 2015, my heart skipped a beat! I was lucky to snag two of these lovely shades during the recent Sephora VIB Sale and have been properly obsessed ever since. 


The Clinique Cheek Pops are packaged in square-shaped floral-printed cardboard boxes in typical pastel Clinique colours. 


The blushes themselves come in clear, circular plastic compacts that allows you to view the blush inside. This is such a nice touch because the blushes themselves are a true work of art! Each pan of colour comes molded like a blooming daisy, which is completely unique and beautiful. Luckily, the formula is smooth, yet solid, so the floral design lasts for many, many uses. My much-loved Ginger Pop still sports the pattern after a year of use. 



The first shade I selected this time around was Cola Pop which, in my opinion, is the most unique of the new offerings. Cola Pop looks like a deep reddish berry brown in the pan (potentially intimidatingly dark for some), but on the skin imparts such a beautiful natural flush. 

Clinique Cheek Pop in Cola Pop

I also snagged Heather Pop, which may look slightly unassuming in the pan, but is incredibly flattering and did fill a gap in my blush stash. Heather Pop is a pale to mid-tone neutral pink that seriously goes with any makeup look. It has instantly replaced Tarte Exposed as my go-to no-brainer blush, as I prefer the subtly glowy formula to Tarte's flatter, matte finish. 

Clinique Cheek Pop in Heather Pop

Here are both of the blushes swatched on my inner arm (MAC NC15 skin tone), first heavily, then more softly:



And both of the blushes in the context of completed makeup looks. 

First, Cola Pop



and then Heather Pop


So here is a quick refresher on why I am properly obsessed with these pretty little blushes:

  • Of course, the packaging. The dainty floral design is truly beautiful! Plus the flower pattern lasts through many, many uses. 
  • I love that these can be worn quite sheer or be built up easily for a bolder flush
  • These provide the most lovely, soft glowy finish. No shimmer or glitter in sight, just a natural luminosity
  • These blend so beautifully- they are incredibly smooth and not at all powdery
  • The formula is seriously long-wearing. It still looks perfect after a long day of work! 
  • Compact packaging makes these perfect for travel
  • At $24 CAD, these aren't ultra budget, but I feel they are wonderfully affordable given the high-end quality

I really have no cons or qualms about these. For real. For the price, I think Clinique's Cheek Pops are the best on the market. So please indulge your love of flowers and pretty, colourful cheeks and pick one (or six) of these up! 

Have you tried any of the Cheek Pops? What are your favourite blushes at the moment?

Thanks for dropping by! ox

46 comments:

  1. I love the Cola Pop makeup look! I'm not huge on blush but next time I buy one I will be sure to check these out. Great post as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Cola Pop is definitely worth a peek! xo

      Delete
  2. Loving these colours!! They look so beautiful. I might have to go and pick some up for myself :)

    http://www.skinnybelle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! Thanks for stopping by, Robyn! :)

      Delete
  3. The new shades all look so stunning, I am so tempted to pick some up! The formula is just so lovely. Both shades look amazing on you!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula really is top-notch! Thanks, Tasha :)

      Delete
  4. Cola Pop looks so great on you! Clinique should be so grateful for blogs because otherwise I bet a lot of people would have been scared of by this color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yes, for sure- I always enjoy demonstrating how shades that look scary in the pan can be totally wearable on :)

      Delete
  5. Clinique Cheeks pops are on my wish-list since their launch. They're just so pretty!!! I really love Cola pop on you! I really compliments your skin tone and adds a nice glow! xx

    Alexandra | Glam O’Clock - MAKEUP REVOLUTION GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Cola Pop is definitely worth picking up :)

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous!

    Kirsty | www.kirsty.ws

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pink! <3
    So gorgeous.

    x
    www.whenyoudreambig.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmm replaced exposed you say, part of my waffling on these is not being sure which color to get but since exposed is so foolproof and heather has replaced it...was thinking of either ginger or peach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginger really is a great one! So unique. But yeah, Heather Pop has definitely become my go-to easy, wear-with-anything blush when I want a touch of glow rather than matte :)

      Delete
  9. I really didn't get why all the hype about these until I saw your post. They look so radiant on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd say they're definitely worth the hype :)

      Delete
  10. I actually love red blush, I think it looks way more natural than anything else, even Benefit Dallas! It looks like the color your cheeks are supposed to be after you're flushed. Currently using NYX Red, but this is such a lovely option!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look into NYX Red! And yes, red blushes can look incredibly natural- like a real flush!

      Delete
  11. Okay. I need Cola Pop. That shade is incredible. I may actually try to hold off till the next Sephora sale (although man that seems like ages away now), but you're right, that's definitely very, very unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you need Cola Pop!! Definitely unique and so, so wearable. It would look great with all of the red eye shadows you love :)

      Delete
  12. I should definitely get onto the trying these. I love the design on the packages. Even from the packaging, they look soooo creamy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging and formula are both to-die-for. So worth it! xo

      Delete
  13. I love the clinique Colour Pop blushes - they are so perfect for summer!

    ~ Ambar x
    www.herlittleloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them too! Truly perfect for Summer- or anytime! :)

      Delete
  14. lovely as alwayssssssss
    xxx
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  15. That blush looks so pretty! I love the flower shape!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by, Melanie :)

      Delete
  16. YASSS! I love these on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! It took all my will-power not to buy them all ;)

      Delete
  17. These may possibly be the cutest blushes I've ever seen, I love Cola Pop!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! And the formula is amazing to match. Cola Pop is something special :)

      Delete
  18. I picked up Cola Pop and Pansy Pop (the lavender one) during the Sephora sale. Cola Pop looks so intimidating in the pan, but wonderful on the skin! I'm with you wholeheartedly on these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I was way tempted by Pansy Pop, but thought it might be a bit cool-toned on me. I'm sure it looks beautiful on you, Ingrid! xo

      Delete
  19. Love both of them! I'm obsessed with Ginger Pop. I think I'd get along well with Cola Pop as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have and love Ginger Pop too- it's what made me fall in love with the range. I think you'd love Cola Pop :)

      Delete
  20. I love the Heather Pop shade, lovely post <3 x

    http://chontellelouise.blogspot.com.au/
    check my blog out if you like x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Heather Pop really is a perfect everyday pink :)

      Delete
  21. I love those colors!! Perfect for spring / summer!
    alexis @ www.thelittlebrunette.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! Thanks for stopping by, Alexis!

      Delete
  22. Hi what is the lipstick you used cola pop picture?

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)