FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Monday 6 October 2014

All Unicorns and Roses: My First-Ever Lime Crime Haul!

Hi, everyone! If you have yet to glean this fact, I'll make it clear: bold, vibrant colours rock my socks. While I happily and frequently sport neutrals, there is always a special place in my lipstick-soaked heart for those electric-toned, unusual, hair-raising shades that refuse to be quiet. I'm also an ultra fan of anything that screams cute, quirky, and playful. Thus, my foray into Lime Crime cosmetics seemed like an inevitability. 

Lime Crime is an independent L.A.-based makeup brand whose mantra is to use makeup to express your personality, rather than merely to cover-up flaws. The aesthetic is undoubtedly cutesy and feminine and the formulas are 100% vegan and cruelty-free. What's not to love?!


Not able to resist the brand any longer, last month brought my first-ever haul from Lime Crime. They offer an ultra fun range of lip and eye products, but I concentrated my introductory purchase on their signature lip colours. I opted for two shades of their classic Unicorn Lipstick and two picks of their Velvetines, a rich liquid to matte lip stain formula. 

The package arrived relatively quickly (to my doorstep in about two weeks) and was swaddled in the most lively, electric lime green tissue. Pulling back the neon gossamer, the products were revealed in their own adorably playful packaging. 



In all of my selections, I gravitated towards shades that were unique, slightly bold, but wearable. Lime Crime offers some amazingly beautiful tones of blue, green, violet, and black for lips, but for the first time 'round I wanted to choose colours that I wouldn't hesitate to sport on the streets. 

From the Unicorn Lipstick range, I opted for Retrofuturist, a classic cool-toned red with a modern nearly-metallic finish, and My Beautiful Rocket, a warm true juicy orange. Both come in Lime Crime's signature pastel purple tubes adorned with silver stars and unicorns. Truly magical! 

Lime Crime Unicorn Lipstick in Retrofuturist 
Lime Crime Unicorn Lipstick in My Beautiful Rocket

As for the Velvetines, I selected Wicked, a deep, smokey warm red and Utopia, an electric marriage of violet and fuchsia. They come in frosted tubes with red rose-laden caps. Pretty and feminine!

Lime Crime Velvetine in Wicked
Lime Crime Velvetine in Utopia

And here are swatches of all four of these beautiful shades on my inner arm (MAC NC15 skin tone):

(L-R): Lime Crime Unicorn Lipsticks in Retrofuturist and My Beautiful Rocket and Velvetines in Wicked and Utopia










                     
And there you have it! An overview of my first-ever Lime Crime haul. I'll be posting more detailed reviews of all of these shades later this week, but hope you enjoyed a bit of a sneak peek for now! I can share with you the spoiler that I'm head over heels for all four of these shades and have been getting tons of compliments when I wear them. Guess that's what happens when you choose products that let your personality shine!

What do you think of my shade choices? Is the quirky packaging up your alley? Do you have any Lime Crime products in your stash?

Have an amazing week! xo

30 comments:

  1. i have always wanted to get their stuff! cutest packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I saw a photo on twitter of you wearing one of these yesterday :) the colours are amazing, I might have to get myself one!

    macinmybackpack.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shades you picked up, particularly Utopia! I have one of their lipsticks in Centrfuchsia and I really love it, it lasts amazingly on the lips!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently got Centrifuchsia in a swap and can't wait to give it a go! xo

      Delete
  4. I've wanted to try lime crime for ages! All the colours are so vibrant and the packaging has bags of personality, love it! So jealous of this haul! I would love to know if the quality of these is as good as everything else!

    Zandra // AZTEC DOLL Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've wanted to try these and am glad you picked them up 'cause i can always borrow (:P) hahah. the packing is so great. esp for the liquid lippies. love that frosted look.


    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, just let me know if you wan to grab one for a while :)

      Delete
  6. Never heard of this brand but it looks so cute, and those lip shades are crazy pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely loooove Lime Crime!! All the colours are so gorgeous and insanely pigmented. I just bought Wicked as well the other day - how lovely is it! x

    Angela | The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like a good brand, and the packaging is very cute. Lovely colors you picked out, would definitely try the brand.

    Have a great week!
    xx
    5th&6th

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to try Limecrime Velvetines! Can't wait to see your posts wearing them.

    Des | Simple Charm Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been meaning to try Lime Crime for ever! Though, their stuff is always sold out and I can never get all of the things I'm eyeing in one go :/ Anyway, wicked and utopia are perfect! <3 <3

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you get to check out Lime Crime soon :)

      Delete
  11. WHOA the velvetines just made my heart sing a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehee- check them out! They're definitely song-inducing :)

      Delete
  12. Wow! Those glosses look out of this world amazing!
    I love the red gloss and can't wait to see what looks you have up your sleeve.
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow the colours are just incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love Lime Crime. I have Retrofuturist from this lot. Think I need Utopia as that swatch is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try Utopia- such a unique, pretty shade :)

      Delete
  15. Love the colors of the lipsticks, they are so vibrant!

    Melane | Pure Perspective

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wicked looks amazing! I bought two Lime Crime lipsticks years ago and I love them till this day. They are worth every penny. I still need to get my hands on a Velvetine though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth a try! Wicked would look super pretty on you, Laura :)

      Delete
  17. HUBBA BUBBA I'm getting excited just by reading this post. I've heard of Lime Crime before, but never bothered to check out their range, since y'know, muted down and neutrals are my thing. Retrofuturist and Wicked are really calling to me though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a great brand for your continued foray into bright lip colours, Vanessa :)

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)