FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Two Tiny Treats

If there's anything I like better than alliteration (see title), it's makeup that packs a big punch despite a small package. I gave myself a makeup budget of $50 in the month of May, and the two items I decided on fit that description perfectly- tiny, but mighty!

In search of exciting new products to try, I stumbled across a fun Canadian website called ebeauty.ca that carries brands scarcely found in the Toronto area. I spent a while drooling at the items this site had to offer and, after much debate, I opted for Becca Beach Tint in Guava ($27.50 CAD) and Kevin Aucoin's Concealer Brush ($26.50). Yes, I went over my budget by a few dollars, but I justified that the site's free shipping evened things out :)


Becca Beach Tints are something that I have been itching to try for a while. Housed in a tiny tube, this cream formula is suited for both cheeks and eyes and touts a budge- and water-proof finish. The range offers a variety of gorgeous shades, but I ultimately selected Guava because I'm a complete sucker for pinky-coral tones. Especially during the summertime!

Here are pictures of the packaging and the tube itself:




Becca Beach Tint in Guava



And here is a picture of a dollop of the product on the back of my hand. The colour representation isn't perfect, but I think it shows the texture well. It's more of a cream than a liquid (you have to shake the tube well to ensure this!), but has a moist feel to it. And the bonus? It smells like berries! Mmmmm....



Becca Beach Tint in Guava, on the back of my hand



I selected the Kevin Aucoin Concealer Brush for a few reasons. First, I've been on a bit of a makeup brush kick lately. Second, since my skin has been extra breakout-prone recently, I've been giving my concealer a workout. The kicker, though, was when I saw that Lisa Eldridge had featured this brush as one of her favourites. Since I typically take her recommendations as gospel, I knew I needed it!

What makes the Kevin Aucoin brush unique is its minuscule tip. It looks quite meager at first glance, but it's actually quite brilliant! The small bristles make it perfect for covering small blemishes or areas of redness without applying too much product. How smart!

Here are a couple pictures of it:



Kevin Aucoin Concealer Brush

Tip of the KA Concealer Brush vs. the tip of my finger



Just today I did a makeup look featuring my new Beach Tint, with the help of the Kevin Aucoin Concealer Brush to help hide areas of redness. Here are a couple pictures of Guava applied to my cheeks over foundation and concealer, with no powder over top:



Becca Beach Tint in Guava, no powder over top




As you can see, it gives a beautiful pinky coral flush to the cheeks! It blends easily without disrupting my foundation too much and dries fairly quickly to a matte finish. Perfect for my oily skin in the hot weather!

And here is a picture of me using the concealer brush on a blemish. This really highlights how tiny the brush tip is, but it worked wonderfully!






Afterwards, I applied the rest of my  makeup, including a small amount of Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blissful over top of the Becca Guava to set it. Like the Beach Tints, the blushes in Tarte's Amazonian Clay line offer high pigmentation with a mostly-matte finish. Blissful (which I received in a makeup swap) is a lovely peachy coral, which mimics the shade of Guava quite well. They are a perfect pair! Here is a picture of it:



Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blissful



And here are some pictures of the final look! I finished it off by applying Guava Beach Tint to my lips. Interestingly, when worn on the lips the shade appears as more of a matte, powdery pink shade. Although I wish it gave a bit more of a coral kick when worn as a lip stain, I still love its comfortable, long wear!


Wearing Becca Beach Tint in Guava on cheeks and lips


What to do when you're making a silly face in a picture? Crop it and (almost) no one will be able to tell! :)



And that's it! Pictures and reviews of two of my newest tiny treats. Hope you find them helpful!

What are some of your favourite miniature-sized products? Any that you'd like me to feature here? I'd love your feedback!


Cheers! xoxo



7 comments:

  1. You look so fresh and glowy! I really like this tint on you. Maybe you could apply a similarly-colored gloss to bring out the color on the lips?

    Hmmm... miniature products that I love... I don't think I have any! But when it comes to great brushes (also with small bristles), I've got to give props to the NARS lip brush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, layering a coral closs over top may be the answer! Glad you're loving your NARS lip brush so much- I should get in the habit of using lip brushes more often, but that's one of the few makeup things I'm lazy about ;)

      Delete
  2. That's such a pretty color on you!! I've been looking for Kevin Aucoin concealers all over San Diego and can't seem to find ANY Kevin Aucoin products! At least there's hope that his products are still being sold!! Great post! :)

    http://debbieoung.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! Yeah, Kevin Aucoin products are super hard to find. I believe there are some American websites that sell the brand, but otherwise it's hard to come by!

      Delete
  3. Damn being in Australia. I sooo badly want one of those Tarte blushes

    http://kitschsnitch.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Tarte blushes really are lovely! I have easy access to them, but since they're so pricey I only have the one so far.

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)