FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Saturday 16 June 2012

Frugal Luxury for your Lips: Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butters

I love when I get the chance to feature drugstore items here because they're so accessible (both in terms of price and availability) and because even the most high-end makeup gal appreciates a good bargain once in a while! What's not to love? :)

Today's frugal find is the affordable and colourful Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butters, which retail at Shoppers Drug Mart for $11.99 CAD (though they're often of sale for much less). These lip butters promise rich moisture paired with saturated colour. They come in a wide variety of 2o shades, three of which have made it into my collection so far.

The ColourBurst Lip Butters come in translucent, quilted-patterned tubes that have hues to match the shade inside. Here are mine, in Sweet Tart, Lollipop, and Red Velvet:



Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butters in Sweet Tart, Lollipop, and Red Velvet


And some pictures of the products themselves:



Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butters in (L-R) Sweet Tart, Lollipop, and Red Velvet

With flash

Without flash


I also did some swatches of the lip butters on my arm, which is a MAC NC15 skin tone. I always struggle with taking photos that show true-to-life colour, but these come pretty close!


Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butters in (L-R) Sweet Tart, Lollipop, and Red Velvet

Under artificial light

(L-R): Red Velvet, Lollipop, and Sweet Tart


As you can see, Sweet Tart is a warm, semi-bright pink with yellow undertones. I wear it quite frequently when I want a pop of colour on my lips without wearing something too bold or overpowering. Lollipop is a deeper magenta pink with distinctive blue undertones. Luckily, it's not too cool-toned for my neutral-warm skin. I wear this one when lips are the focus of my makeup look. Finally, Red Velvet is a deep, warm reddish brown with hints of burgundy. I haven't worn it much so far this summer, but I can see it being a staple during the fall and winter!

And here are some pictures of the lip butters on me. The colours here aren't as true-to-life as the swatches above, but you can see the texture and finish of the product quite well. They leave a moist, non-sticky finish that is incredibly comfortable to wear. Also, the colour is quite buildable, from sheer to full-coverage, depending on how much you apply.


Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter in Sweet Tart

Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter in Lollipop

Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter in Red Velvet
 
 
 
Overall, I've been loving these lip products so far. For such an affordable find, they truly feel quite luxe on the lips. They are non-drying, smooth, and the shades are fun and easy to wear! With a range of 20 options, there will be one out there for everyone!
 
Has anyone else tried the Revlon Lip Butters so far? Any other fun drugstore finds recently?
 
Thanks for reading!!
 
 

6 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! i've been seeing these EVERYWHERE lately -- it's like they're following me. anyway, when i first saw them in the stands a few months ago, i thought the quilted tube looked sort of tacky, so i never actually bought any. ha ha, i'm weird, i know. but they look so promising -- and the colors look great on you! great review :)

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, the Lip Butters definitely got a lot of hype when they were first released, but luckly they lived up to it for me. And I totally get being swayed by packaging that I don't like, so it's always a nice surprise when the product itself is great. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Red Velvet looks like a great, wearable daytime red. And Lollipop could definitely layer nicely over a more matte fuschia. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, Lollipop would be a great one to layer over Schiap for some extra dimension. I'll try that out soon :)

      Delete
  3. I love those lip butters! I also love Revlon nail polishes, surprising because I usually don't buy Revlon products. They're great! Love your blog & following♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Revlon has a lot of surprisingly good products! Thanks so much for the kind words and for following :)

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)