FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Monday 21 November 2011

30 Days of Lipstick, Day 12: MAC Amplified Lipstick in Impassioned

The lipstick I chose for Day 12 is one that I acquired over the summer (also reviewed here: http://vibrantbeautyblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/three-cheers-for-back-2-mac.html) and have been wearing pretty often since: MAC Amplified Lipstick in Impassioned ($17.50 CAD at MAC stores and counters). It's a warm yellow-based bright pink that is fun, feminine, and bold! Here's a picture of it in the tube:


MAC Impassioned (Amplified) Lipstick


And here is a picture of it swatched on my arm (on the left):



MAC Impassioned swatched on my arm (MAC NC15 skin tone), compared with other bright pinks in my collection

And a closeup of it on my lips:



MAC Amplified Lipstick in Impassioned


As you can see, it is highly pigmented, creamy, and has a satiny finish on the lips. Typical of MAC's Amplified formula! It is an ideal vibrant shade for summer, but I've had no problem wearing it during the fall as well.

Here are a few pictures of me wearing it:


Me wearing MAC Impassioned lipstick (sunlight)




The Verdict:

Pros:
  • Super pigmented, colour-rich formula
  • Unique shade- not quite hot pink, not quite coral, not quite fuchsia. Completely beautiful!
  • Relatively affordable, given the quality and the uniqueness of the shade

Cons:
  • This vibrant shade may not be for those who prefer more subtle shades
  • Impassioned may not be as flattering on those with cool-toned skin (i.e., with pink undertones)

Since I got Impassioned early this summer (for free, thanks to MAC's Back 2 MAC program!), I've been wearing it often because it has the unique ability to brighten up my complexion and my mood. This vibrant shade may not be for the faint of heart, but it's for anyone who wants to perk things up a bit :)

1 comment:

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)